Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sigh... (and a little rant about the US of A)

My God I'm bored. I'm sitting here trying to think of something to do or write, but there's just so much static in my head I can't focus on anything. I can't even think of anything to write, but I just feel like I need to.

I've spent the past two days in my house, feeling pretty damn crappy. Head feels swollen and no strength in my legs. All I can say is thank God for the caffeine in Coke and the power that is Neurofen. (Did I spell that right?)

A few things have been running through my head as of late. The current election in America has been weighing heavily on my mind. To be perfectly honest, I don't care whether it's Clinton or Obama who goes through for the Democrats, just as long as it is a Democrat who becomes president. I'd prefer Obama to be honest though. Although, in my opinion, I just don't see America electing either a black man or a woman as President. Don't get me wrong, I love Americans. Most of them anyway. I have two very good friends who are American (I say this at the risk of sounding like one of those closet homophobes who insists some of their best friends are gay), and I've been to New York and San Jose. They're both lovely places.

The problem comes with the over-religious and downright racists people in America. It is a great place in principal, but unfortunately you've got too many racist, sexist, xenophobic Christians over there for me to be too positive in my thinking. I'm not trying to offend any of you, I'm just stating my opinion. It's the truth. While in New York I made the grave mistake of letting someone know I was an Atheist. This completely random stranger then told me I was going to hell for being a terrorist and "fag-lover".

Talk about hypocritical. I'll save my ranting about Christianity and religion for another day. All I'm saying is I don't think a black man or a woman will be elected. I don't see it happening.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

No comments: