Monday, February 25, 2008

The Futility of labelling people.

Honestly, why the hell do we do it? We give people labels such as Goth, Emo, Hippy etc.. but why?

Personally I don't give a fuck if anyone labels me Emo or Goth or Rivethead or whatever, because I know they're wrong. They probably come closest with Industrial, because I like that style, but I don't wear the clothes. What I do have a problem with is people using labels as a form of insult. I have a very good friend who people call Emo. I see no problem if he is or isn't and I don't try to fit him into a category. But nearly everyone else uses 'Emo' as an insult, which I disagree with.

People are entirely free to live as they want, wear what they want and act how they like. So what if you don't like it? That's not their fucking problem. That's why I get pissed when people label me, because they try to isolate me, to fit me into a denomination and then apply the steretypes of that denomination to me. I do not consider suicide and option. I do not write poetry. I do not wear trenchoats (though I do think they look kinda neat). So fuck you. You call me Goth? I call you asshole. For me, there's only two types of people in this world. Assholes and Humans. Unfortunately, the Assholes seem to far outnumber the Humans.

So go ahead. Laugh at me for how I look. Condemn my musical taste. I say, fuck you.

No comments: